Sexually Transmitted Diseases — also known as STDs — are contagious diseases spread by sexual contact. Most doctors recommend that you should get an STD testing if you have had an unprotected sexual encounter with a new partner.
These tests can catch a disease early enough for you to get successful treatment. Visit our Viva Eve STD Testing Center NYC is the best way to ensure you remain infection-free.
STD testing may seem scary and uncomfortable, but the reality is that STDs can happen to anybody who has ever been sexually active. A few STDs can even be spread in non-sexual ways
How Is the STD Test Performed?
The STD tests are usually very quick and are completely painless. Since each STD has its own test, your Viva Eve gynecologist may recommend any of the following at our STD testing center NYC:
- A urine test, a cheek swab, a fluid sample from an open sore, or a blood test.
- physical exam— your doctor examines you for signs of warts, sores, rashes, irritations, or discharge.
- A sample test — your doctor uses a swab to gently take discharge or cell samples from your vagina, urethra, cervix, anus, or throat.
Facts & Statistics
- The human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted disease in the United States.
- The 7 most common STDs are:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- Some STDs have no obvious symptoms, but you can still pass the infection to someone else. The only way to know is to get tested at our STD testing center NYC.
What are the most common symptoms of an STD?
Itching, burning, pain, irritation, or swelling in the vagina, vulva or anus, constipation and rectal bleeding.
Once you have received a positive STD diagnosis, your Viva Eve doctor will recommend a comprehensive treatment plan. Most common STDs are cured with medication — you finish your treatment and can get on with your life.
You also have to tell anyone you have had sex with, so they can get tested and treated as well. Other STDs, such as HIV, require symptom management to keep you healthy and reduce the risk of catching other diseases or passing them on to your partner.
All the practitioners at the Viva Eve STD testing center NYC are experts in diagnosing and treating STDs. We will listen to all your concerns and together we will come up with the treatment plan that works for you and your unique circumstances.