Our skin often acts as a window to what is happening inside our bodies. Almost every health condition translates to the skin and when your skin talks, you need to listen.
Viva Eve’s integrated specialty team helps our patients address a variety of skin concerns. Our specialists will offer expert advice on how to deal with puberty skin issues, skin conditions related to fertility treatments, skincare safety for pregnant patients or patients trying to conceive, or skin changes in perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause.
It’s no secret that hormones play an important role in our skin’s health and their levels change as we go through life’s various stages. The appearance of our skin is a visible indicator of those fluctuations. Some hormonal imbalance disorders like PCOS as well as thyroid disease can also contribute to a variety of skin conditions.
Having a correct diagnosis for any underlying conditions and knowing what skin changes to expect and can help you adjust the way they care for your skin and to properly prepare for and treat any potential skin-related problems.
Viva Eve brings together highly trained physicians and providers, including Gynecologists, Plastic Surgeons, Registered Dietitians, and Skincare Specialists, to offer a collaborative approach to the diagnosis and management of skin issues for every age and stage. Our specialists take into account the fact that nutrition, lifestyle, fitness, and stress management can play a role in a woman’s overall wellbeing and the health and appearance of her skin.
Our board-certified Skincare Specialists are experts in creating highly individualized, comprehensive, and simple skincare treatment plans that fit our patients’ lifestyles and consider a variety of factors including their age, stage in life, and any hormonal imbalance conditions.
Prenatal and Pregnancy Skincare
You want your baby to be as healthy as possible, but pregnancy can cause a number of skin conditions in the expecting mother. Your consultation with our skincare specialist will include a discussion about:
- Best skin care practices while trying to conceive (for both face & belly!)
- Pregnancy-safe skincare products
- Pregnancy breakouts and pregnancy-safe prescription medications
- Pregnancy-safe in-office treatments, like therapeutic facials and extractions
- Skin discoloration and melasma during pregnancy and ways to mitigate hyperpigmentation
- Skin growths
- Linea Negra (dark vertical line that appears on the stomach) and stretch marks
Postpartum Skincare and Cosmetic Procedures
Pregnancy usually brings healthy, shiny hair and glowing skin. Now that the influx of estrogen and hormones is over and your body is recalibrating after creating a new life, your skincare routine needs to be adjusted as well. Our skincare specialist will discuss:
- Safe skincare products for breastfeeding moms
- Post-partum hair loss and safe ways to promote hair regrowth
- Cosmetic procedures that can perk up your skin with no risk of harm to your baby.
- Post-partum skin rejuvenation procedures for women who are not breastfeeding, like microneedling, injections, dermal filler, chemical peels, etc
PCOS Skincare and Cosmetic Procedures for Acne
Skin issues can be the most visible signs of PCOS, and the primary reason patients initially seek medical care.
Our board-certified Skin Care Specialists will discuss:
- Oral and topical medications that have been approved by the FDA for acne treatment.
- A skincare regimen to minimize acne-related skin conditions.
- The most advanced treatments that exfoliate the skin and remove the dead cells and excess oil and clear pores reducing blockages that lead to acne.
- Suggest a highly individualized plan to deal with any scarring that may have occurred in the past.
Viva Eve is uniquely positioned to provide every patient with a holistic approach to address a variety of skin issues. Our practice is a one-stop destination with a team of dedicated experts who recognize the unique challenges associated with different life stages and conditions and are committed to helping women look and feel their best.