On April 7, the New York State Department of Health issued a new guidance document stating that the Department considers sexual and reproductive health services as essential during this time.
What to know
These services include but are not limited to:
- Birth control, including Long Active Reversible Contraceptives, such as IUDs;
- Fertility services, including infertility treatment and procedures;
- Gynecological surgeries to address acute complications related to conditions, such as fibroids or endometriosis;
- Abortion services;
- Obstetrical care, such as vaginal and cesarean deliveries;
- Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases;
- Evaluation for gynecologic and breast cancer, when medically indicated based on patient history and/or physical exam.
These essential services may be provided at the discretion of each healthcare facility. However, utilization of hospital resources should be kept to a minimum in order to aid in New York State’s COVID-19 response.
What it means for you
Our fibroid and adenomyosis health services are essential. You can continue coming in to visit our office, and we are dedicated to providing you with the comprehensive, personalized care you deserve.
We have made sweeping measures across our operations to guard the safety and health of our patients, staff, and community. Our leadership response to COVID-19 has resulted in a 9-point plan which you can read in our practice statement. We stand united with our fellow New Yorkers and the New York State Department of Health, doing our part to get our city through this crisis.