Fibroid surgery should never be taken lightly, but when you’re in the hands of the best fibroid surgeons in NYC, your fibroids treatment is quick and effective. While you have a number of options for fibroid removal and treatment, you need to rely on NYC fibroid center like VIVA EVE in Queens. The best fibroid doctor provides you with ample information so you can make your health care decisions based on your pain levels and your plans to start a family, important distinctions when you consider fibroid surgery.
Living with fibroids can become unbearable. This usually is due to the severity of the symptoms that fibroid tumors produce, although it can be because your condition is holding you back from successful conception. In either case, you don’t have to continue with these limitations. Fibroid surgery at VIVA EVE offers you a number of fibroid treatment options and techniques that can offer relief.
For women who aren’t suffering symptoms, sometimes no treatment is necessary. But if you’ve reached the point where you’re searching for a “fibroid specialist near me,” you’re probably not in that category. The good news is, that the best fibroid surgeons in NYC are in Forest Hills. At this center for uterine fibroids, you receive cutting-edge treatments from the most qualified medical staff in the field.
Knowing the Facts Eliminates Your Fears
Fibroid surgery has become such a common procedure because so many women are affected. Some studies suggest that as many as 80 to 90 percent of women develop fibroid tumors by the age of 50. Medication and hormone therapies such as birth control can be used to manage your milder symptoms.
A uterine fibroid specialist can help you determine the best treatment for fibroids in your specific case. And if fibroid surgery is recommended, don’t panic. You have the best fibroid surgeon in New York City with you every step of the way.
Most surgical procedures can be performed laparoscopically. This means that instead of making a large incision that can take considerable time to heal, your fibroid doctor is able to achieve the same results with a couple of very small cuts that heal much easier — with significantly less recovery time.
Types of Fibroid Surgery
You should fully discuss all of your possible options for fibroid tumor treatment. Even if you and your uterine fibroid specialist decide that fibroid surgery is the best course for you, the decisions don’t end there. Your best method to remove fibroids depends on several factors:
- Location of your fibroids
- The number of tumors you have
- The size of the growths in your uterus
- The severity of your menstrual symptoms
- If you’re hoping to become pregnant
Based on these key factors, your fibroid tumor treatment is individualized to suit your specific needs and goals. The most common surgical procedures include:
- Myolysis, performed to directly impact the blood supply to your uterine tumor. Your fibroid specialist then uses either heat, cold or radio frequency to destroy the growth. It’s recommended for smaller fibroids, but it can in some cases result in scaring or infection. If you’re trying to conceive, you should discuss the potential side effects with your doctor.
- Endometrial ablation, the best method to remove fibroids that are small in size and located near the opening of your uterus. The procedure is minimally invasive and works by destroying your uterus lining. Endometrial ablation is not a form of fibroid removal and is not recommended if you hope to become pregnant in the future. It’s ideal if you’re seeking to relieve the heavy bleeding that results from fibroids. General anesthesia or epidurals are typically administered for pain.
- Uterine artery embolization. If your main complaints about your condition are the heavy bleeding and pain, this may be a good fibroid surgery option to consider because it can shrink your fibroids and ease your symptoms. Following this procedure, your fibroids shrink and often die, allowing your uterus to return to normal. There is some risk of damaging your blood vessels, so you should discuss the side effects with your doctor.
- Myomectomy is an ideal option to consider if you would like to become pregnant in the future. This fibroid surgery removes your fibroids while leaving your healthy uterus tissue intact. It may also be the best approach for large 5 cm fibroid treatment because there are a couple of different ways that it can be performed.
- Hysterectomy is arguably the most effective fibroid surgery because it removes all or just part of your uterus, but the results are final. It’s all but impossible for fibroids to return following a hysterectomy. However, it’s also impossible to ever become pregnant. This is a major surgery, so you have to allow several weeks for your body to properly heal following a hysterectomy.