It is a Viva Eve doctor’s job to advocate and care for your health and your future fertility.
If you are over 35 and have been trying to conceive for at least six months, if you are 40 years old or older, or if you have a condition known to cause infertility, your Viva Eve doctor will most likely recommend some additional testing and evaluation that can be done at our office.
It may include:
- A basic gynecologic exam and a Pap test
- Sexually transmitted disease testing (some STDs can cause infertility)
- Blood work, which may check for infection and hormone levels
- Ultrasound of your reproductive organs will look for polycystic ovaries, larger ovarian cysts, fibroids, and, sometimes, to confirm that ovulation is taking place. The ultrasound will also let your doctor check the shape of the uterus and the thickness of the uterine lining.
- Evaluation of endometrial cavity with Sonohystogram
- Endometrial dating
- Evaluation of fallopian tube blockage via Hysterosalpingoram (HSG) – Fluoro HSG or Femview® HSG
- Genetic testing
We will be happy to discuss all your options. Our doctors will take your concerns seriously and, if needed, refer you to a practice specializing in advanced fertility testing and treatments. We have a long-term working relationship with the best infertility specialists in New York City.
Viva Eve doctors will help you make informed and educated decisions about fertility planning and we will listen to your concerns and answer any questions you might have. Together we will come up with a plan that works for you and your unique circumstances.