What is Urinary Incontinence?
The severity of symptoms for urinary incontinence ranges from occasionally leaking urine when you cough or sneeze to having an urge to urinate that is so sudden and strong you don’t have enough time to get to the bathroom.
There are a few reasons that you may be dealing with short-term urinary incontinence.
If you’re living with ongoing incontinence issues, you most likely have one of the two kinds of urinary incontinence. And it is possible for some women to have both kinds:
- Stress incontinence is caused by pressure on your bladder. This is the most common cause of incontinence in women. It can be triggered by:
- Sneezing, coughing, laughing
- Jogging, jumping, straining
- Weight gain
- Urge Incontinence is diagnosed when you experience strong urges to urinate but can’t quite make it to the bathroom in time. You may not even have any warning before the leakage occurs. This can happen even with very small amounts of urine. In some cases, an overactive bladder can be considered urge incontinence, but not all people with overactive bladder experience urine leaks.
- Mixed incontinence occurs when you have a wide range of symptoms that fall into both categories.
What Can Cause Urinary Incontinence?
Incontinence is never convenient. You don’t have to be embarrassed to discuss treatment with your Viva Eve doctor, who is experienced in treating issues associated with female urinary incontinence NYC. You should never allow your bladder issues to interfere with your life.
Your female urinary incontinence NYC Viva Eve doctor will conduct a thorough examination and ask you about your liquid intake. Keeping a record of your bladder activity for a couple of days leading up to your appointment is beneficial.
After your exam, your doctor may wish to conduct a few simple tests in an effort to pinpoint the specific cause of your bladder control problem. This is the first major step of beginning urinary incontinence treatment New York NY and restoring your quality of life.
How is Urinary Incontinence New York NY Treated?
Urinary incontinence treatment depends largely on what type of incontinence you are experiencing. Female urinary incontinence NYC treatment can mean different things to different people.
- Stress incontinence treatment may include exercises.
- Urge incontinence treatment may involve bladder training.
- It may be necessary to combine medications or a pessary, with other types of treatment to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- If your case is more advanced, there’s a slight chance that you may require surgery.
There are some additional lifestyle changes that that can have a major impact on your condition. You may receive instructions that include:
- Cut back on caffeinated, carbonated, and alcoholic beverages
- Eat more high-fiber foods
- Stop smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Engage in Kegel exercises
- Use the bathroom several times a day
- Track your symptoms in a log or record